Book Review: Vampire Academy

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Released: August 16, 2007
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 332
Series: Vampire Academy #1
Rating: 5 stars
St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school - it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's - the very place where they're most in danger. Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi - the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires - make Lissa one of the forever.

I have to admit that I passed this book up several times in the store. But I kept hearing great things about it, so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did because I was hooked from the first page. There was so much excitement going on that I had a VERY hard time putting it down. The main plot and characters were well drawn out. And it contained the perfect amount of suspense and action and even romance. Overall, a great read!

If you haven't already read it, I definitely recommend it.




signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin