Author Interview: Jennifer Hubbard

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jennifer Hubbard

Books:
  • The Secret Year

Seventeen-year-old Colt has been sneaking out at night to meet Julia, a girl from an upper-class neighborhood unlike his own. They’ve never told anyone else about their relationship: not their family or friends, and especially not Julia’s boyfriend.When Julia dies suddenly, Colt tries to cope with her death while pretending that he never even knew her. He discovers a journal she left behind. But he is not prepared for the truths he discovers about their intense relationship, nor to pay the price for the secrets he’s kept.


Describe your book in five words or less.

I’ll do it in three: secrecy, loss, and obsession.


Did you always know you wanted to be a writer, or did you just kind of fall into it?

I always knew. I was writing as soon as my fingers could hold a crayon.


Why did you choose to write for YA?

I’ve always loved YA books. And it’s an amazing time of life to write about: so many changes, so many new things happening, so many important choices.


What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Hike, travel, read, spend time with my friends.


What's next for you? Are you currently working on or have plans for future projects?

I’m always writing. I can’t say anything about my current projects, except that I do plan to stick with contemporary YA for the foreseeable future.


Thanks Jennifer!


signature

1 comment:

RaĆ­la said...

Adorable interview :) I'm thinking about reading The Secret Year. It sounded pretty good to me!

R.
http://booksoutofthebookshelves.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin