Book Review: Blood Promise

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Released: August 25, 2009
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 503
Series: Vampire Academy #4
Rating: 5 stars
How far will Rose go to keep her promise?

The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir’s Academy was the deadliest ever in the school’s history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.

He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?

Let me just say I've been a huge fan of this series since the beginning and each book just gets better and better! If you haven't read these books yet...what are you waiting for?! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Mead had done it once again. Blood Promise was an addicting read as we follow Rose on her journey to fulfill the promise she and Dimitri made to each other. Throughout her journey, Rose discovers things she never would have dreamed of, and of course, finding herself in some interesting situations.

Blood Promise is much different from the first three installments. There's still plenty of action and twists that will leave you mind-boggled but we get to see each character develop into something more. My favorite character is Adrian (which I'm totally rooting for!) and I was so excited we got to see more of him in this installment. Also, this is the first book that doesn't take place at that Academy, which I loved.

Mead has caught me off guard...like always, especially with the ending. I have no idea what is going to happen next for Rose and I can't wait to find out!



signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin