Top Ten Trends I'd Like To See More/Less of

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week's Top Ten is trends we would like to see more of/less of. I am doing a combination of both.


MORE:

1. Dystopian - I have been reading some really good dystopia novels lately and I'm loving this trend. These authors have created some unbelievably gripping worlds and I just can't seem to get enough.

2. Faeries - This is one fantasy creature I will never tire of. For as long as I can remember, Faeries have been my all time favorite. I'm starting to see a little more fae novels floating around the YA world, but more would be great!

3. Mermaids - I've always been fascinated with mermaids and I would love to see more of them.

4. Alternating POVs - I love being able to get more than one perspective. I think this way of narrating makes a story more enjoyable because I'm able to see the situation from different angles.

5. More Action/Less Talking - I like lots of action in my novels. Its all fine and dandy for some talking to be going on, but it gets boring to read over half a book before any of the real action begins.


LESS:

1. Vampires - I am so sick of vampires!! Unless there is going to be some new and interesting twist, more than likely I won't be interested. Ever since Twilight (which wasn't that great), vampires in the YA world went through the roof. And I think its time to end and focus on something more original.

2. Instant Love - I don't mind reading novels with some romance in it (especially when there's a good love triangle going on) but realistically it doesn't work like that.

3. Series Books - I don't mind reading a series, but lately it seems as though every upcoming release is part of a series. I have quite a few favorite series that I just love, but I want some stand alone novels. I don't have time to keep starting series because once I start something I have to finish it. And I hate having to wait a whole year to find out what happens.

4. Fragile Female and Tough Guy - Why does it always have to be the guy protecting the girl? Girls can do just as much as guys can! I would love to see more strong-willed and independent female heroine that don't need to be saved or protected by a guy.

5. Similar Covers - I've seen quite a few books that have the same or close to the same cover, yet the books are totally different. Different genre, different scenarios, etc. Can't you be a little more creative. When the books have nothing in common, why would you have the cover similar? Also, the majority of the time, the cover is the first thing I notice. With that being the case, I would want a cover that is unlike any other.




Image and video hosting by <span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin