Author Event: Sarah Ockler

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When I heard that an author event would be happening so close to my home, I was very excited! Yesterday I headed down to the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library in Indianapolis, IN to hear Sarah Ockler speak about her novel, Twenty Boy Summer, and its recent banning from a school district in Missouri.

As I picked a random seat to sit in, it so happened to be right behind author Saundra Mitchell, who I met at her launch party for The Vespertine back in April, and Mike Mullin, author of the debut novel Ashfall. It was such a blast to chat with the two before the event began. They both had me cracking up!

Sarah spoke about how she got started in writing, which was very interesting to me. She also spoke about her thoughts toward her novel being banned along with Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five from the school district in Republic, Missouri.

I had the pleasure of talking with Sarah, Mike, and Saundra a little more after the presentation had ended, which was awesome!

I has a such great time! Here are some pictures from the event:




Me and Sarah Ockler


Me and Mike Mullin


me with Mike Mullin, Saundra Mitchell, and Sarah Ockler




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin