Privacy Policy

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

While the Internet can be a great place to find information and even make new friends, it can be dangerous as well. When it comes to your personal information, you have to be extra careful as to who you share it with.



Information Collected and Use at A Passion for Books

Here at A Passion for Books, I do not normally collect any kind of personal information, but I cannot protect anyone against the possibility of others taking email addresses, or other identifying information, from the comment section of this blog.

If you win a contest held on the site, I will request a physical address in which I can send the prize to. Please note: no one’s address will be shared or distributed in any way - not rented, sold, or kept on file.

A Passion for Books is not directed to children under the age of 13, but I have no way of confirming anyone's age, so I am expecting everyone to be honest. If you are under 13 and win a contest, your parent will have to confirm and provide an address. I do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.

Contest winners will be posted on the blog. Only your online alias or first name and last initial will be posted in the contest announcement.

To further aid in the protection of my readers' privacy, as of January 2010 all contests will have a registration form provided to enter. This means it will no longer be required to put your email address in the comments section. Any comments that contain personal information will be deleted.

For more information regarding contests, you can read my Contest Policy.



Links to Other Sites

A Passion for Books contains links to other sites. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, which may or may not be different from what is described in this policy. For your safety, I recommend you to become familiar with the privacy practice of any site you visit.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin