Book Review: I Heart You, You Haunt Me

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Heart You, You Haunt Me Lisa Schroeder

Released: January 8, 2008
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 227
Rating: 4 stars
Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy
back...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's there.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

To be honest, I bought this book because the cover caught my eye, and the summary on the back sounded interesting. Once I got home and opened it up, it wasn't what I expected. I had no idea that it was written in verses (almost like poetical). So to say the least, I was a little worried about how a story was going to be told in a verse. Well, my worries were all for nothing because I loved it!! Even with the lack of words, the story seemed to unravel in my head. I felt the emotions Ava was experiencing.

I Heart You, You Haunt Me was a haunting, but powerful story. A story about first love, loss, grief, and learning to move on but still remember the past. Ava was like your average teenager. Jackson was her first love and when he died, it felt like the end of the world for her. Throughout the book she tries to find hope that she'll be able to go on. I think this book is a good reflection of what teenage love is usually like - you love, you lose (not necessarily in death), and in the end if feels as though life can't go on.

Not only was this the first verse novel I've read, but it's also the first time I've read anything by Lisa Schroeder. I really enjoyed this and recommend you to get yourself a copy too. I'm looking forward to reading more of Lisa Schroeder's work.




signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This does sound good. Thanks for posting I had never head of and it does have a great cover.

Tales of Whimsy said...

This sounds really good. I need to read this.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin