Book Review: The Last Thing I Remember

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Last Thing I Remember by Andrew Klavan

Released: April 28, 2009
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pages: 352
Series: The Homelanders #1
Rating: 5 stars
Charlie West is a good kid. He studies hard, trains in martial arts, has just gotten the number of the prettiest girl in his class, and wants to join the air force after graduation. At least, that's the last thing he can remember.

But he has woken up in a nightmare. He's strapped to a chair, and someone outside the door just ordered his death. By calling on his deepest reserves of strength and focus, Charlie manages a desperate escape . . . only to find out that this nightmare isn't ending. There's a whole year of his life that he can't remember--a year in which he was convicted of murdering his best friend and working with terrorists.

Now, with the police hunting him and a band of killers on his trail, he's got to find the answers to some of the deepest questions there are: Who am I? What do I stand for? And how am I going to stay alive?

Ever since I read the summary for this book, I was automatically intrigued. It would be scary to wake up one morning and have no idea what's going on or where you are and how you got there. The Last Thing I Remember was a fantastic thriller!

Waking up one morning beaten and tied to a chair, Charlie has no idea who he is or what's happening. The last thing he remembers is going to sleep when he was 16, which was years ago. Charlie's character is quite believable and realistic. He's determined to figure out who he is and who the people chasing him are. He's also very persistent on finding his way home to his parents, even if they are on the other side of the country. Charlie can't trust anyone but himself, which just makes his situation even more dire because how's he going to figure things out when he can't remember anything?

The Last Thing I Remember kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire novel. I loved it and can't wait to read the sequel, A Long Way Home. I definitely recommend this if you are looking for a good thriller.


signature

6 comments:

brizmus said...

Ooh, sounds very Jason Bourne-y. I like it. And 5 stars - wow!

Amber Skye said...

This book sounds so good! I really want to read it, especially after seeing how much praise you gave it. Great review!

Amber Kirk-Ford said...

Cool review! :-) Please have a look at my book blog too.

http://themilelongbookshelf.blogspot.com

Love your blogger background!
Amber

Anonymous said...

I've seen this one and thought it looked good too! Thanks for the review :)

Flo said...

Your review convinced me, i'm really curious about this book and i'm adding it to my list, it sounds so great

Becca said...

Sounds interesting! Great review.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin