From the Back of My Shelf (2): Full Moon

Friday, July 22, 2011


From the Back of My Shelf is hosted by Erica (The Book Cellar) and Katie (Katie's Book Blog).


Full Moon by Rachel Hawthorne

Released: July 1, 2009
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 320
Series: Dark Guardians #2
Rating: 5 stars

I may be promised to another…but thoughts of Rafe consume me. I don’t know how much longer I can resist.


Lindsey is wild and reckless, a natural rebel - maybe because her entire life was laid out for her even before she was born. Her parents are among the most powerful members of the Dark Guardians, an ancient tribe of werewolves, and they arranged Lindsey’s betrothal to Conner long ago. The next full moon is coming all too soon, and then her commitment to Conner will be final - no turning back. She should be happy…so why can’t she stop thinking about gorgeous, brooding Rafe?


When a dangerous threat on the pack escalates, so do tensions between Conner and Rafe. A fight over Lindsey is imminent, but will it be to the death.

This is the second book of the Dark Guardians series. I just love these books…they’re a light, fun read with romance and a little bit of danger thrown in that’s just perfect for a lazy or rainy day because I can read them in one sitting.

Each book is narrated by a different character and Full Moon is focused solely on Lindsey. Lindsey is a few weeks away from experiencing her first shift on the first full moon after her 17th birthday, which is a special time in the shifter community. This time is meant to be shared with one’s mate, but Lindsey isn’t so sure that her mate is Conner - a man she’s been with for like ever and a man her parents envisioned her with. Lately she has had her eye on Rafe, which I was definitely rooting for…no offense Conner.

While Lindsey is trying to figure out who her true mate is, there’s still danger lingering from Moonlight with the scientists who are looking to capture and run tests on the werewolves in order to expose their secrets to the world.

I found that I enjoyed Full Moon much more than I did Moonlight. But overall this is a simple, yet very satisfying, series. If you want something quick and fun to read, I recommend this series.




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Erica said...

Thanks for participating :)

I still have yet to read this series, I bought them all and have them sitting on my shelf. I really need to bump these up my piles, maybe I'll just have to start the series for the next From the Back of My Shelf :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin