Book Review: Nightshade

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Released: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Philomel
Pages: 452
Series: Nightshade #1
Rating: 5 stars

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?



Completely addictive!

I still can’t understand why I didn’t read Nightshade sooner. The entire novel was just plain awesome. The plot was captivating and I had my eyes glued to the pages from start to finish. There was never a dull moment. I found myself having to force myself to put this one down more than once. All around, this was a beautifully written novel with exceptional characters.

Each character had plenty of depth to them. Calla was strong and was willing to do anything in order to protect her pack. Ren, alpha of the Banes, had a cocky attitude, but he also had a sensitive side, especially when it came to protecting his pack. Shay, the new guy in town, isn’t afraid to question the packs and voice what he believed was right. I liked Shay from the beginning. Even the secondary characters were enjoyable to read.

Cremer has created a fascinating paranormal romance. With action, mystery, loyalty, forbidden romance and of course a gorgeous cover, Nightshade is a great start to what could be an unique and satisfying series. This is not to be missed. So if you haven’t read this yet, I suggest you go get yourself a copy today!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Agreed. Completely addictive. Best werewolf novel I have ever read.

Test said...

I'm another one who took forever to read Nightshade, but when I did I was like why didn't I read this one sooner! Anyway, definitely agree with you- this book was indeed action packed with lots of fun romance. I for one can't wait to read the next one! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin