Book Review: City of Glass

Sunday, July 5, 2009

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Release Date: March 24, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 541
Series: The Mortal Instruments #3
Rating: 5 stars
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds\ an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

The final battle draws nearer, but who will come out on top? The Shadowhunters, the Downworlders…or maybe both will? This series has everything any paranormal, supernatural, or urban fantasy lover would want! Action, danger, suspence, humor, romance, and fantastic characters. Full of twists and turns that will knock you socks off. City of Glass was a perfect ending to a fantastic series.

I finally got the one question answered, which I have been trying to figure out since the first book, and I’m sure many others have too. Are Clary and Jace really brother and sister? Well, I know…but I’m not going to tell you, you will have to read it to find out. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed. Along with our old characters, we get introduced to a new and mysterious guy named Sebastian.

Throughout the book, Cassandra Clare continued to amaze me with all the twists and surprises hiding around every corner. I absolutely love these books, and I am sad to see them end. But like I said before, this book was a great way to end everything. I am looking forward to reading more of Cassandra Clare’s work.






signature

1 comment:

HollySaysSo said...

This is by far my favorite series at the moment... I've read it twice over and can't get enough of it! Cassandra Clare is coming out with "Clockwork Angel" the first in a new series that is a prequel to the City series... August 31! Apparently later in the year she is releasing a fourth City of... (angels, I think), that's supposed to be about Simon. I CAN'T WAIT!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin