Book Review: My Soul to Save

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

Released: December 29, 2009
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 279
Series: Soul Screamers #2
Rating: 4 stars
“If she were going to die, I’d already be screaming. I’m a banshee. That’s what we do.”

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld — a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

This is the second installment to Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamer series. Taking place a few weeks after My Soul to Take, Kaylee is finally coming to terms with her bean sidhe abilities. But all to quickly, Kaylee and Nash find themselves involved in another weird adventure.

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy My Soul to Save quite as much as I did My Soul to Take. I enjoyed the story itself. There were plenty of twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat, and I always enjoy Vincent's writing style - just enough details in all the right places. But while I adored the characters from its predecessor, I couldn't seem to feel the same emotion for them this time, especially Todd. I loved his smart-ass remarks from the first book, but he was more closed off this time around. Also, I think Addison was the majority of my problem with fully enjoying this book. I wasn't a fan of her at all. There was something about her that just didn't sit well with me and I couldn't quite understand why Nash and Kaylee were risking their lives to help her out.

My Soul to Save had more of a in depth look into the Netherworld. Vincent used just the right amount of details for me to visualize it. Its a creepy world that I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing more of - strange creatures and all!




signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin