Book Review: Wicked Lovely

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Released: June 12, 2007
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 328
Series: Wicked Lovely #1
Rating: 4 stars
Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty-especially if they learn of her Sight-and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. His is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost-regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; everything.

Aislinn has always followed the rules when it comes to faeries. Don't stare at invisible faeries. Don't speak to invisible faeries. And don't ever attract their attention. Aislinn has always been able to ignore them, even when they go around randomly poking people. But ignoring the faeries just may not keep her safe after all, especially when she is being stalked by two faeries, Keenan and Donia. Kennan is the Summer King who has been searching for his queen for centuries, and those chosen as possible queens can't escape...either they stay Summer Girls or take a chance at being Summer Queen. Only problem is, if they aren't the Summer Queen then they will be filled with winter's chill and become the Winter Girl. Will Aislinn take the risk?

Marr's writing will draw you in until you're reading under your desk at work...like me...just to find out what happens next. Her ability to describe the faerie world in such details it feels so real, was completely stunning and captivating. I just couldn't put this book down. Fey stories are my absolute favorite, and the faeries of Wicked Lovely are beautiful, dark, dangerous, and terrifying all in one. Fantastic!! I'm looking forward to reading Ink Exchange, which I went out and bought as soon as I finished this novel.




signature

5 comments:

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

Hi, I am a new follower. You and I seem to share similar taste in books. Come by when you have a moment! Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

Simply_Megan said...

I've had this book on my shelf for awhile but have never read it. Maybe it's time haha. Good review!

Erica said...

I absolutely adore this series! I hope you enjoy the rest of the books!

Jennay and Luke the Pup said...

I really enjoyed this book...it was way captivating. I still need to read the rest of the series, but I can't wait to get to them. They're somewhere in my TBR pile (YIKES...I think my pile is growing too big).

Great review and I'm glad you enjoyed the book!!!

HAPPY readings!!!

Audrey (holes In My brain) said...

this wasn't the book for me, but im glad you liked it! i'm interested to hear your thoughts about Ink Exchange :) nice review!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin