Kate and Kristen over at The Book Monsters are hosting Monster Review-a-Thon. The purpose is to review as many books as you can during August 7-13. There will be plenty of mini-challenges and prizes throughout the week.
Welcome to the first mini-challenge!
Kate and I are always thinking of ways to make our blog better and lately we've been thinking about our formatting. So we thought we'd have you rethink yours as well. You don't have to change anything if you don't want to, but here are some questions to answer. Post them on your blog today, tomorrow or any day during this review-a-thon and then link up back here so you can have a chance to win a book from the Prize List.
1. Are you happy with your review format currently?
2. Scrutinize it a little more, maybe compare it to other blogs you like, anything you think you might change?
3. Implement some basic changes and tell us what you think. Or, you can tell us one or two aspects of your reviews that you like.
Currently, my reviews are split up into two sections:
1. The book information where I include the title, author, publisher, release date, # of pages, series title, source I received book from, my rating, a summary of the book (usually from goodreads, the dust jacket, or amazon), and a pictures of the novel. Sometimes, I add the author's and publisher's website as well.
2. My review or thoughts on the book.
I'm rather happy with the way I have my review format set up, especially the book information. In my reviews, I share my thoughts before and after reading the book. I've been thinking about adding some of my favorite quotes or paragraphs from the book into my reviews - there are some quotes that really pop out to me and end up making me think even after finishing the novel, and I think it would be neat to share some of those with my readers.